I honestly believe we don't dance enough for the Lord. Today I was driving in my car and I was thinking about King David, Ya know that guy from the bible? He talked about singing and dancing in the Psalms and how he danced for the Lord and I have to say... Dude, Uh David I'm a little jealous of your passion kid... I want that passion and heart to wake up in the morning a realize how LOVED I am by God that I cannot keep my feet from stepping to the beat of His song being sung over me. I want to take in every second I spend with Him that I can't get enough... I want to... fall in love...
I recently started reading a book called "Falling in Love with Jesus" The firt 4 pages changed everything... Lately I've been thinking about weddings because let's face it they are ALL around me. All of my friends are getting engaged and planning weddings and it's exciting to see them enter into a new chapter of their lives! =0)
I started acting like a total girl in the sense of planning my wedding out in my mind. No kidding it started with what kind of cake I'll have to what music will be played at the reception... (I know it's sad. Don't judge me!)then came the minor step I am missing...Do you have to have a groom to make a wedding? lol I think so!!!! Well it would be a good idea at least =)
Think about this if you will... When the bride and groom have their first dance as husband and wife in their eyes they are the only ones in that room. Noone else matters. They look into each others eyes and see their future together and nothing can seperate that bonding moment. Nothing. It's the same with Christ. He has called us to an intamate relationship with Him and He is holding out His hand as the Bridegroom would to his new bride and waiting to lead the steps of a beautiful dance. I can't help but think about how many times I've been that mean girl and denied Him His dance. I think we've all done it. We as humans tend to run away from the things that are the absolute best for us... but it's when we have the first dance with the maker of love that we will stop running...
This is where my journey begins... with Jesus... my bridegroom... the man who loved me my whole life and watched me with favor... the man who waited for me and reached for me when I was far away from Him...the man I rejected time and time again... the man who taught me real love and what sacrifice means. He sings over me and dances with me. This is where my love story begins...
:) What a beautiful picture...
ReplyDelete