Friday, May 28, 2010

"For this is what I'm glad to do
It's time to live a life of love that pleases You
And I will give my all to You
Surrender everything I have and follow You
I'll follow You..."

The words of this song have been on my heart for a while now and I've basically just sung it because I like it but tonight I sang it as my prayer. I'm not sure I realized what "Take up your cross and follow me." really meant until I finally realized that I've actually been doing it for the past year. I wasn't even aware of it because I was heavily distracted by something amazing... His name is Jesus...

Last year about this time I was boarding a plane to come home from Tampa, FL. That was the trip that changed everything. Little did I know that a year later I would be preparing to go to Africa for two months.(It's funny how God works hmmm?) What an amazing God we serve. I can honestly say that I would have never imagined I would be called to do something so cool. This is something I've been waiting for since I was a little girl. I think my goal in life was to change the world. I wanted to be the kind of girl that left an impression on people that they would never forget. However God changed that part of me an made me into that woman who leaves an impression people in a way that brings Him honor and glory. I once had a friend who told me he would change the world in such a way where no one would know his name. When I asked him how that was possible he said it would happen through his future wife. Of course that got my blood pumpin(because it challenged me to be better) and made me want to be that kind of wife for my future husband one day but first I had to be that kind of christian for my God...

I look back now and see how much I've grown and changed in a year and I didn't even see it until my friends and family told me. Honestly it's like reading an amazing love story that not even Nicholas Sparks could top if he tried. It's beautiful and flawless in ways I can't even begin to describe. I can honestly say that I am blessed to be called to something higher and I want to bring glory to God in every second of it. This isn't about me or my fame but about my God and His name. My prayer is that I would become less and He more. That's what this is all about... the glory of His name...

1 comment:

  1. So I'm just now figuring out that I haven't read your blog. :/ grr. Well, I'm reading it now and this post just reminded me how wonderful you truly are. I'm so proud of you and I'm sure God is too. I can't wait to see what else He's gonna do! Love you!

    ReplyDelete